Design machine learning models for natural language processing, with emphasis on
- Deep learning and representation learning
- Discourse processing, distributed semantics and their applications
- Probabilistic graphical models and variational inference
All my papers are listed on the publication page.
- 2016 - Present, Research Associate, CSE, University of Washington
- 2012 - 2016, Research Assistant, School of Interactive Computing, Georgia Tech
- Summer 2015, Team Member, Jelinek Summer Workshop on Speech and Language Technology
- Summer 2014, Research Intern, Microsoft Research Redmond
- Summer 2013, Research Intern, Microsoft Research Mountain View
- 2011, Research Assistant, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Tech
- Area Co-chair: ACL 2017
- Program Committee Member: 1stDeepStructWS 2017, IJCNLP 2017, EMNLP 2015 - 2017, SIGDIAL 2016 - 2017, EACL 2017, ACL 2014 - 2016, NAACL 2015 - 2016, IJCAI 2016, etc.
- Reviewer: ICLR 2016 - 2018, NIPS 2017, CoNLL 2014, Dialogue and Discourse (Journal), Artifical Intelligence Review (Journal), Computational Linguistics (Journal), Transactions of the Association for Computational Linguistics (Journal) etc.